We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and talented Senior / Principal Ecologist to join our dynamic team.
Working in our modern studio space in Manchester, you must be passionate about ecology and the environment.
You will be responsible for leading, managing and delivering ecology projects across a diverse range of challenging and exciting schemes across the UK. A technical focus is required for this role, with excellent delivery experience alongside strong project management and communication skills. The successful candidate will have an inspiring approach and the ability to lead and manage staff. You will also be a key contributor in developing and supporting the growth of the team to achieve Business Plan targets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading a varied portfolio of interesting and complex ecological projects from initial client liaison through to completion.
- Mentoring and managing enthusiastic Ecologists by adopting a creative and an inspiring approach.
- Contributing to business development activities including building client relationships and writing fee proposals to help to expand our current portfolio.
- Maintaining quality and health and safety standards and demonstrating efficient and profitable delivery.
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience as an Ecologist in a consultancy environment.
- Full member of CIEEM.
- Excellent knowledge of UK and EC wildlife legislation and policy.
- A working knowledge of EIA and the planning process.
- Proven experience of writing technical reports and delivery of EPSM licence documents; EcIA and ES Chapters.
- Excellent project management skills including financial control of projects, strong client liaison abilities and coordinating a team effort.
- Strong technical skills in one or more specialist areas.
- Initiative and drive, with a positive attitude and a strong desire to help grow a successful consultancy.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work at all levels with colleagues and clients that fully support the company values.
- A valid UK driving licence is essential for this role, as is the flexibility to work outside normal office hours and away from home as necessary.
- Named ecologist on EPSM licences – Bats / Great Crested Newts.
- Natural England Class 1 or 2 Bat Licence.
- Proved experience of Habitat Regulations Assessments.
- GIS proficiency.
- Staff mentoring experience.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive rewards and benefits package, access to a range of individual and professional development opportunities and the guarantee of an engaging and supportive working environment.
How to Apply
If this is you, then please send a cover letter and CV for the attention of the Office Manager by email to email@example.com by Friday 30th November. (10MB Max)
About Urban Green
Urban Green is a design and environmental consultancy with a passion for creating sustainable communities and outstanding open space. Our established and expanding Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning and Urban Design team collaborate with our in-house Arboriculture and Ecology teams to provide an integrated approach to maximise the development and environmental value of sites.
To see what we’re up to, follow us on Twitter.